Paul Tripp has a helpful list of diagnostic questions that help you determine what the functional treasures of your heart really are. His list was originally for pastors, so I've reworded it a bit to fit everyone.
- The absence of what causes you to want to give up and quit?
- The pursuit of what leads you to feeling over-burdened and overwhelmed?
- The fear of what makes you tentative and timid rather than courageous and hopeful?
- The craving for what makes you burn the candle at both ends until you have little left?
- The "need" for what robs work of its beauty and joy?
- The desire for what sets up tensions between work and family?